Fireplace explodes at home in Springdale, no injuries.

Nobody was injured when the chimney exploded, but the Springdale Fire Department say the chimney was badly damaged.

SPRINGDALE, Ark. – A chimney exploded from a house in Springdale south of Don Tyson Parkway.

Nobody was injured when the chimney exploded, but the Springdale Fire Department say the chimney was badly damaged.

When the crews arrived just before 9 p.m. on Thursday (December 3), there was no active fire, but they stayed on the scene until the gas company could arrive to check for Fas leaks.

Fireman Matt Bagley says his team are still investigating the exact cause of the explosion. He says he has never seen anything like it.

“The outside, because it’s an outside chimney on the outside of the house from floor to sky, is all either gone or partially gone,” Bagley said. “It’s not unusual, but for me it’s the first time I’ve seen a situation like this.”

According to Bagley, making sure your carbon monoxide detectors are working properly and checking your fireplace regularly is important.

Early Friday morning, Springdale Fire was called to the same address about a fire. The fire completely destroyed the house and the investigation continues.

No one was home during the fire and no injuries were reported.

RELATED: Adopt-A-Pet: Tinkerbell and Elliot at NWA Bully Haven Rescue

RELATED: VOTING: The Lights of the Ozarks in Fayetteville Nominated 10th Best List in USA Today

Comments are closed.