Help With Your Home Theater | KFI AM 640
The difference between television and home theater is that home theater is an attempt to bring the fidelity of the theater experience into your home.
The audio side of a home theater is defined by numbers that represent the presence of speakers: 5.1, 7.1, 7.2, 7.2.4
Home theater isn’t just about technology …
• Seating – distance, comfort
• Lighting – viewing pleasure, mood, glare
• Distractions – no speaking or texting please, shut down your cell phones “I can concentrate fully and the second screen” No, you can’t. This is science.
Choose your experience and set the limits.
If you’ve been invited to look at something, look at it: “The gift of full attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.” – Simone Weil
Luxury properties have concession stands
Popcorn with REAL butter and extra fine sea salt
• TV size formula
• TV height 15º above eye level
• The most important speaker in a home theater – add a soundbar. Some even help add Atmos to a room.
• The second most important subwoofer
Full, rich, three-dimensional effect that we love in film scores and music.
Before adding a home theater receiver …
• The age of the AV receiver may have expired
• Wireless Speaker and Audio Association (WISA) speaker system
WISA has over 60 members, including brands such as Bang & Olufsen, Denon, Harman, LG, Onkyo, Pionier, TCL, TEAC, THX and Xbox.
Klipsch – $ 2000- $ 3000
Axiim LINK radio transmitter and an LG OLED or NanoCell TV, Xbox One or Windows 10 or Mac OS computer from 2019 for a convenient and easy setup.
WiSA goals: To define and implement global standards for high-resolution, multi-channel, low-latency audio for TV, films, games and music. In short, an audio system with an emphasis on comfort.
WiSA Wireless Tech offers one-tenth the latency of Bluetooth
WiSA eliminates most of the cables, but each speaker still draws power, which means an outlet close by.
Control of lighting
• The theaters are dark, but your family room shouldn’t be
• All you need to set up your own bias lighting is a light source behind your monitor or television.
• The number of oblique lighting kits available in stores is only growing, ranging from about $ 10 to over $ 100 online. Many kits are even powered via USB. So installation is as simple as plugging the USB end of the strip into the USB port on your TV and attaching the lights to the back of the TV or entertainment system.
• The main feature you are aiming for is a light source with a temperature of around 6,500 k. This is the industry standard white reference point for display manufacturers and content creators. Lights at a different temperature will change your perception of the colors on the screen.
Listen as Dean explains everything below: