TN Fireplace & Chimney provides fall safety tips ahead of National Fire Prevention Week
“Obstacles and damaged equipment are the main factors in many chimney fires,” he said Josh Cate, Owner of TN Fireplace & Chimney. “Performance problems such as smoke, poor ventilation or reduced heat output often indicate a serious safety risk. Most fireplace fires are preventable, however, and a regular maintenance schedule will help homeowners keep their fireplace or stove running efficiently and safely.”
Cate and the TN Fireplace & Chimney team recommend the following safety tips for families planning to use fireplaces or stoves this year:
- Burn only dry, seasoned firewood: Green, freshly cut wood is difficult to ignite, smoldering, and generates less heat than wood that has been dried to burn. Green wood also contributes to the build-up of creosote in the chimney, which is the main cause of fireplace fires.
- Keep Safe Borders: Do not leave flammable materials (wood, paper, matches, oil, cloth) near the fireplace or stove. Use a screen to prevent embers from escaping.
- Make sure the chimney is clear of any obstruction: a chimney cap can keep animals and debris away that could start a fire or interfere with proper ventilation. Seasonal inspections and cleanings prevent and remove deposits in the chimney that increase the risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Never leave the fireplace unattended: a small incident can quickly turn into a major safety event. Make sure someone is watching the fire at all times and keep children and pets at a safe distance.
- Schedule cleaning and professional repairs: don’t wait for winter temperatures to get your fireplace or chimney ready. A professional inspection will now detect any problems or damaged equipment and prepare your chimney for safety and comfort throughout the season.
“Regular professional maintenance is the first way you can get the best performance from your fireplace or stove,” said Cate. “In addition, our technicians are trained to identify potentially serious problems before they cause damage or require expensive repairs. We are dedicated to helping homeowners do this East Tennessee stay safe and comfortable. We believe this is more important than ever right now as many people continue to spend more time at home and indoors. “
For more information on TN Fireplace & Chimney or to schedule an inspection or cleaning, please visit https://tnchimney.com.
Via TN Fireplace & Chimney
TN Fireplace & Chimney, the leading chimney maintenance company in East Tennessee and one of the fastest growing chimney companies in the country was founded in 2008 by Josh Cate Providing industry leading service based on technology, training and a full range of options for maintenance, repair, installation, cleaning and remodeling of chimneys and chimneys. As a Tennessee-licensed contractor and proud supporter of Tennessee Athletics, TN Fireplace & Chimney employ a team of highly skilled technicians and advanced technology to provide the best possible customer service Knox, Anderson, Claiborne, Campbell, Morgan, Blount, Loudon, Sevier and Jefferson Counties. Please visit https://tnchimney.com/ for more information.
SOURCE TN Fireplace & Chimney